Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

More hills...

This was our last hill session before we go into the speed phase approaching Mooloolaba Triathlon. Phew - I am so sick of hills! We did 6 repeats up Mt Cootha to the 750mtr mark and then down to just before Slaughter Falls carpark we turned around and did a high cadence al the way up again and then turned around and recovered on the way down.

Needless to say for me the hill hater it was hard work. I lost a lot of ground on the downhill too as I am slower than everyone else. I was joking that I leave a trail of brake dust on the way down the mountain.

Jokes aside, I was descending the last bit of Mt Cootha prior to the Gardens carpark which is quite steep and I hit a bump which caused me to grip the brakes tighter which was not a good feeling. I do really need to concentrate on relaxing down a hill and not clutching the brakes like I do because I can actually see how dangerous it is, howver I really struggle with this.

We finished the session with a coffee with Craig, Dad, Jeff and Kay at the Summit Cafe which was quite pleasant.

Mark made mention of me in the BTS blog breaking he 5min/k's for 5kms which was really nice. I went into Byron's shop Victor Cycles today and brought some tubes and tyres and Byron congratulated me and said that my cycling is coming along and this would be helping my running too. I don't doubt that at all, in fact I feel as though I have been doing more cycling than running!

0 comments: