Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ride Inside with BTS

Today's session was hard... as usual!

It consisted of a warmup and then 5 x 5mins with 5 mins recovery, cadence around 90-95. This set was the same as what we did on the Corso on Wednesday - I just realised that, but for some reason it didn't dawn on me when we were doing it! However todays was a gear ladder. We started off in our 57 front cog and a biggish cog at the back and then we gradually changed gears until our legs were screaming and then for the last 15secs Mark would say 110 cadence! Once we started getting into harder gears my cadence dropped to 85 and then I was hanging on to keep it above 80. It was very hard word.

We then did a bit of a warm down and then ran off the bike up to the corner and back. This was my first run since I had seen the Physio and purchased new shoes, etc. so I was keen to check out my new shoes. They felt good, in fact they felt really good. I like them. Of course it was only a few minutes run, so very difficult to tell after such a short run if they will be OK or not.

There is a Triathlon on at Bribie Island on the weekend and when I got to work I attempted to register for it seeing as my foot was feeling OK. The bad news is that they have reached numbers and have closed off registration - I was really disappointed as this was to be my final hitout prior to Mooloolaba. Craig and Jacque G just do not believe me - they feel sure that I have wheezled my way out of it!

This Triathlon is the BTS beginners graduation triathlon and Craig is competing so I will go up and support BTS and do a run up there on my own.

0 comments: