Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My run videotaped!

Today was a full on day.



It involved a cycle with BTS, a Physio appointment, work, a lunchtime run (drive) out to Active Stride to get new shoes, work and then a massage. It was certainly an expensive day! Hopefully, though we will begin to make progress on my injured foot.



The cycle this morning was great. Speed sessions are always quite fun. We got into groups of 4 of similar abilities. I went with Chris, Sophie and another guy who I'm not sure of the name of. We had to do 5 x 5min efforts with 5min break along the Corso.



Chris led our group out and he did a great job, I was hanging on for dear life! He has really got some speed going at the moment. Then the rest of us would take quick turns to try and hold that pace, however invariably we would drop off the pace a bit. It was a good session.



Then off to the Physio - I even had to miss out on coffee afterwards! A travesty!



Paul videotaped me running which was interesting to watch as it was apparent to me that there was a fair bit of side to side movement and not much forward movement. Paul said that my pronation is quite dramatic and sees no reason why I shouldn't go to a more supportive shoe. So, I have lashed out and purchased the Gel Kayuno shoe. I will go for a little run in them tomorrow and see how they go. Paul is going to give me some exercises to do to try and get me running from the hip. So it will be interesting to see how I go. I am willing to try and improve my technique, who knows; maybe I'll be able to run faster with less injuries!!!

0 comments: