Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thursday night swim with BTS

I didn't run this morning due to my foot problems. It was very civilised to have a sleep in - I could get used to that!

Went along to swimming tonight, Craig and I were there at 5pm so we got a chance to watch the real swimmers at it. It is a real treat to watch them train, they make swimming look so easy!

We eventually got into the water and it was a session of sprints. It was very hard work, however we probably didn't do that many km's.

Warm up was 300m one arm drill and swimming and then we did some 100mts 25 hard, 25 medium 25 easy, 25 hard. I really enjoyed this set. I was behind Jeff and I tried to catch him on all of the hard sets, but never quite got there. Then we did some more sets similar to this, but I can't remember what they were! We finished up with relays which are always a hoot. I did my wussy thing of not diving in as I don't want my goggles to fly off and then I won't be able to see as I wear contact lenses and they will come off if I open my eyes under water! I really do need to learn how to dive in without losing them - so basic...

0 comments: