Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pre-race ride

The BTS crew met at Loo with a View at 6:30 for a pre-race ride.

It didn't start well... Jacque came down from an apartment opposite our BTS tent and said that she didn't notice it there. It's a pretty whopping big tent so there's no way that she could miss it! Darren flew up there to see if it was really missing and returned a short time later to confirm that yes the tent is definitely missing! Mark was furious! So he headed off to the Police, etc to go and report it as missing.

We all continued on our ride and did 60minutes of pretty easy spinning, which was nice. John came along too which was good. Unfortunately we had 2 flat tyres, Suzanne and Paul, so hopefully that's our 3 things!

I felt good afterwards and Mum met us for breakfast and it was a beautiful morning.

We took it pretty easy on the Saturday just relaxing and eating well and hydrating. I had a spinach and cheese omellette for breakfast, a vegie burger at Raw Energy that was absolutely massive for lunch, I followed this up later with a large fruit salad and then only had a light dinner of breakfast cereal. So, I will see if this is a good pre race day food intake!

We could rack our bikes at 11:30 because we registered on the Friday, so we lined up at 11:15 ready to rack up! I managed to get the best position ever, I was right on the cycle exit which was great.

It was great wandering around Mooloolaba, so many fit people and everyone drinking water and looking healthy.

0 comments: