Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sutton's Beach Session

Today was a long swim/long ride from Suttons Beach at Redcliffe.

The sea was a lot better than a fortnight ago when we were there, it was still a bit up and down and there was a bit of a current, but it was OK. Jacque and I swum together, we swam up to the toilet block - we made it this time! My stroke felt relaxed, I was calm in the water and overall I was pretty happy with how I was swimming. I felt comfortable and for me and an ocean water swim that is the main thing. Jacque said that she is coping with them a lot better now too, which is good, she is swimming really well now. This is a woman that was truly petrified of swimming 100mtrs in Lake Hugh Muntz a freshwater lake. She has certainly come a long way.

The cycle was a different story; just before we were due to go out it starting howling wind and driving rain! It was foul; we were all huddled under the shelter and then that was it - the decision was made that we were cycling for an hour in it! Needless to say I was terrified!

I started at the back and just limped along behind everyone, Jacque was there with me as well and we were trying to comfort each other that it would be OK. When you are whizzing along on 120psi tyres on slippery roads it is quite scary! The cars all seemed to be that much more aggravated as well; we had a few people blast their horns at us which was completely uncalled for.

We did have a mishap at the roundabout at Newport Waterways. One of the girls Christina came down at the roundabout. She was only a couple of riders in front of me and she just lost traction around the roundabout and the bike slipped underneath her. She has a small scrape on her thigh, but she is very sore around the shoulder. Hopefully she will recover quickly. She got back on and rode home which is admirable - much more than what I would have done, that is for sure!

Jacque and I were thinking that it could have so easily been us!

I was very happy to get off the bike when we got back that is for sure!

0 comments: