Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Goal Reassessment

One of my goals in 2008 was to beat my time that I did the Coomera Quarterman in last year.

However, today I got the email and they are not doing it! They have reformatted the Coomera Half Ironman event and it is now being run 7km's down the road and the support event is now a 1km swim/33km cycle/7km run. Not really a Quarterman distance.

So, I need to reassess my goals.

I will do the Coomera sprint distance, however I won't make it as part of my goals for 2008. I would really like to aim for a 10km race, either Doomben, Gold Coast or Noosa where I can aim to break 5min/kms for 10km. Effectively a sub 50min for 10kms.

I would still like to complete Mooloolaba, would love to do it under the 3 hours, but I am thinking I will make a sub 50min 10kms my main goal through winter whilst whiling away the hours training until Noosa Triathlon gets closer.

However, I will sleep on it a few nights and see if it sticks and can motivate me.

0 comments: