Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Injuries...

I toddled off today to see the Physio about my foot. The verdict is that I have a really tight muscle or tendon that runs down the outside of my leg and this is putting pressure where it joins down in the joint in the foot. Layman's terms as that is all I understand is that my foot is inflamed and sore and I am not running in the very near future!

I was due to do a 3km time trial tomorrow which would have been great - I'm running the best I ever have. I'll just have to sit it out though and wait for it to get better. I go back to the Physio on Wednesday, so hopefully there will be huge improvements by then and I will be able to run shortly. He seems to think that I have got it early and that it is not as bad as last time. So, this is good - there is hope.

I didn't have my running shoes with me which is a bummer. He seems to think that this is a possibility, I'll take them Wednesday and he can check them out then.

I guess that is going to mean more swimming and more cycling! Bummer. As I had to go to the Physio on Monday morning I missed my lunchtime swim session and I am going to miss Wednesday's as well. So, I am back to night swimming this week on Tuesday and Thursday nights. It is a conspiracy!!!

0 comments: