Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Interval run

I have started to feel back in the land of the living since Friday when I was really struggling just to get through the day!

I worked last night and didn't get home until 2:30am, so I was very tired today as I didn't get a huge sleep in because it was Easter and we had a family breakfast.

So, I took it pretty easy today, ate well and then went for a run in the afternoon.

I did a 20min warmup really concentrating on my form. I tried to visualise my hips sitting still above my legs and concentrating on turning my legs over quickly in the hope that this will keep my hips from moving sideways. I was conscious of keeping my hips still. I was also trying to lift my feet off the ground as soon as they hit the ground. I'll see how this goes...

Then I came back home to do some sprints on the front lawn. I did 10 x 60mtr sprints, with a walk back recovery. They felt good, I felt like I was moving really quickly. It was funny, Nattie, the dalmation dog and Jimmy the Quarterhorse/Thoroughbred cross horse decided they would join me. Nothing like running along and having a horse barrelling down beside you! He thought that 10 was a bit much and took to standing in the middle of the way so that I could run either side of him and give him a pat on the way back - he's very funny. Nattie got bored after the first one and found a bone to chew whilst supervising. They definately lack committment those two!

I really like running on our front yard - the grass is short, underneath that is sand so it is a great surface to run on. I did a 10minute recovery and then stretched. I don't feel any sorenes, so all in all it was a pretty good run.

0 comments: